Tuesday, July 29, 2008

When it all fails...


Well, I have a confession to make today! I have previously posted about how food can be such a sin and have such a grip on your life... well, I HAVE NOT over come since that post. I struggle daily. When I'm depressed, I eat. When I am angry, I eat. When I'm scared, I eat. Really, the only time I don't eat is when I'm 100% petrified! Ha! Then I can't eat! Anyways, Jeff and I struggle so much to find a balance with dieting and being healthy and living life the way we have to live it with the kids medical needs. So, I guess I'm posting today to ask you to pray. I don't want to be this over weight and honestly, I don't feel good. It is a struggle for me every day to do all I need to do carrying around this excess weight. I'm exhausted completely all the time... so that makes it even harder for me. It is a strong hold in my life. I want to over come it... so today is a brand new day and I'm going to try again. Will you join me in praying? I really need God's help in order to do this and do it right! Thanks all!

7 comments:

Emily said...

i would've gladly taken ALL the leftovers home last night for you! thank you for letting us into your home last night, and i will def be praying for you!

potsy said...

Hello

Shelby-Grace said...

You can count on me, I'll be praying for you Mindy :)

Rick Brown said...

Just remember "All things are possible through Him." It is a struggle being overweight and it is not easy to lose weight. I have struggled since I was in high school but this is the biggest I have ever been. Sometimes simple task are challenging. I used to be able to play a few games of pick up basketball but now I dont know if i could play one. Anyway with the struggles in which you face it has to be overwhelming. You and Jeff have been a inspiration to me over the years. I will prayer for you daily for you to become the person you want to be. Remember your friends will love ya thru anything.

Anonymous said...

I know that God will help you to do this mindy. Its no easy thing but you are an incredible person and I know you can do this. If anyone can do this, it will be you and I am praying for you. If only I had stuck to my diet during my sickness, I would be so much better off than I am now but I was depressed and afraid and so I ate myself into what I'm facing now. But I am determined that satan is not going to get the last word. God will never let us down. He's there to hold our hand and help us.
love, mom

Anonymous said...

I know that God will help you to do this mindy. Its no easy thing but you are an incredible person and I know you can do this. If anyone can do this, it will be you and I am praying for you. If only I had stuck to my diet during my sickness, I would be so much better off than I am now but I was depressed and afraid and so I ate myself into what I'm facing now. But I am determined that satan is not going to get the last word. God will never let us down. He's there to hold our hand and help us.
love, mom

Audra said...

I'll be praying for you. I know your struggle. Also, skating (don't laugh) really helped me with weight loss. You're welcome to come skate with me anytime. You'd really be surprised at how it gets your heart rate up (even if it's because you're scared that you'll fall) and you'll use muscles you forgot you had. It's great fun for the whole family and I love to teach people to skate. Let me know. Don't be scared!