Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Wet News Paper...

OK, back in my old YOC days when I worked there... we went to a ranch with some of the youth to do yard work. I learned a nifty trick... You can go buy the fancy black stuff and lay down... or you can grab a bucket of water and a stack of news papers to kill out your weeds! You simply dip the news paper and then lay it over the area that you are going to place mulch, flower beds or even rock beds... the wet news paper will keep the weeds from over growing your area. Wonderful and it's not very expensive at all! Just a little trick... many have asked why we used wet news paper on our mulch/play area out back... so here is your teaching!!!!

3 comments:

Shelby-Grace said...

Good information to know! Because I can't grow flowers and such very well, but weeds...now that's something I can grow:)

Unknown said...

I've done the same thing but with pizza boxes. Love to recycle!

Hobbs Family said...

Awesome! Hoping to remulch an overgrown weed bed (OOPS flower bed). I bought the expensive black stuff the last time. I am going to newspaper!