Sunday, May 18, 2008

Fun times...


Well, my morning started off some what frightful! Joey heard daddy leave for church and was VERY distraught. Joey had a really rough night last night... so he was so tired this morning to begin with. So, I came running to see what Joey is crying about and he's laying on the floor at the door trying to see what is going on outside... of course, you can NOT see under the door, so that made him even more mad! I FINALLY get him calm and here comes sister. She remembers today is Sunday and decides we just HAVE to go to church. Oh dear! I had planned on staying home because of Joey and thought, well, we surely can pull this off! So, off to running I went. I had to bake a cake for the pastor's desert that I forgot to bake the night before. So, I whipped together a sugar cream cake, through it in the oven, started meds, made formula, hopped in the shower, checked the cake, called my sister, dressed the kids, dressed myself, put the kids shoes on, answered the door for my sister, did Abby's hair, redressed Abby after realizing it was too cold for what I put on her, checked the cake again, sat down to take a deep breath while the cake cooked a few minutes more, yanked the cake out of the oven, through the formula in a cooler, through the cooler and the cake in the van, through the kids in the van and at 10:19 pulled out of my drive way! :) Whew! We made it and every one was dressed and appropriate! Ha! However, Mr. Joey did not fair well so we ended up leaving. Sissy stayed and Aunt Christi and Uncle Jimmy walked her home after wards. She was very excited when she got home and talked non-stop! So, it was worth the whirlwind to get her there! :) Any one else have this experience in the morning???

3 comments:

Shelby-Grace said...

I think I am more tired after reading about your weekend! WOW! You were busy! I hope your week will be a little easier on all of you :)

Nathan said...

WOW! What a morning! Sounds like Super-Mom stuff to me!

Keym said...

We slept in until 9:30ish and got ready for church only to get there just in time to pay tithe!