Wednesday, May 14, 2008

When the going gets tough...

When the going gets tough... where do you really find yourself falling? This week, it's been tough. Joey's really struggling with mood swings. We don't now for sure why, but our bet is that it is one of his meds. I have found myself struggling though. I watch him suffer, I see him try to talk to us, I see him take our hands and lead us some where and collapse and cry when we don't get it, I see him wanting us to understand, I see him shreaking in pain at times, I see him struggling with fatigue and I stop to ask God why. I stop to say "Isn't this enough?" Then I'm reminded that only God is enough and He will carry us through whatever we face. I only wish I had the faith of my children. This week, Joey was having one of his worst days in awhile. Abby took my hand and laid her little hand on Joey and prayed that Jesus would help us and help Joey to get better. So, tonight, I lift my hands up and I cry once again that God would hold me together! He is faithful to provide and faithful to sustain! In closing, I wanted to share with you something I read on another blog. Shan shared this and so i want to share it here as well just to share with you what Mito is in a clearer way. Night all!


WHAT IS MITO?
Imagine a major city with half its power plant shut down, at best this would cause a major black out. Now imagine your body working only to one half, the brain is impaired, vision is dim, muscles twitch and you are to weak and muscles too fatigued to walk crawl or write. Your heart is weakened and you are not able to digest your food. For a large number of people especially children this is a fatal disease.

I may feel defeated, but praise GOD THAT HE HOLDS THE VICTORY!!!

1 comment:

Shelby-Grace said...

Just wanted you to know that you are always in my prayers and I find a lot of strength in your faith under the incredible circumstances that you face every day.