Monday, May 12, 2008

Mixed up emotions...


The last couple of days have been mixed up with so many emotions. Joy as I watch my children play, frustration as I try to get answers from doctors that take forever, fear as I think about the future, peace as I wait and realize that God's hand is with us, and utter heart brokenness as we have lost another friend to mito. Knowing both my children have this awful disease called Mito, it always stirs up emotion when another child looses their battle. The fear of when, the fear of how, the fear of why, the fear of it all... but then I'm reminded of a beautiful God who loves me and my children so much. Jeff has always said something that has been hard for me to accept, but it is so true. God knew from the moment our children were created that they would face mito. Mito is common as a mutation or defect in the DNA... Their destiny is only guided by God. So, every day is a day to cherish, a day to live to its fullest a day to teach my children to worship and love a mighty God who created them perfectly in his own image! Today, I took the day to lay on the couch with my two tired stinkers. Laundry sat, dishes waited and I got all the hugs a mommy could ask for! Don't forget what is important in life. All the "Doing" won't change anything... Love your family, love your friends, love God and live EVERY single moment for his glory! If you all want to send this mito family some encouragement, please do! They need it. you can visit their page at www.caringbridge.org/visit/audreylawrence Thanks for loving us and loving our kids!

No comments: