Monday, August 25, 2008

Bursting at the seems!


I remember when I was pregnant with joey, a special friend came to me and told me that she had a dream about Joey and he was a beautiful young man! This meant the world to me as we had almost lost Abby in labor. AFter he was born and we started to go through our "hard times" some one else told me the same thing. I was over whelmed with emotion as I stood there beside my sons bed side and they told me that Joey would die a premature death because he had Mitochondrial disease. I remember in my heart saying "why God? Why my baby?" But I held onto those promises. Then, Abby was "diagnosed" as well. I was devastated and heart broken. Things started to go terribly wrong here lately. joey was worsening. So skinny and going back words every sing day! We were in fear we were going to loose him. I 've never felt such urgency! I demanded a new set of eyes and we landed ourselves in Cincinnati. All this is to say to you that cincinnati called today. The blood work is in. They are not 100% sure, but they are 90% sure that we are not facing mito and we do not even have a metabolic disease!!! My babies are going to grow up! I'm going to watch and enjoy every minute! God promised me my son would be a beautiful man of God and I AM GOING TO SEE IT!!! I feel like they gave me my kids back today. The tears have been flooding! The laughter coming! The joy being celebrated! We don't know what is wrong yet, there is something wrong... but they said it is not the life threatening we have been lead to believe! All restrictions are now gone and my babies are mine to enjoy! Please pray for us as we walk through the next several months with diagnostic. We need the right treatment and lots of prayers for gas money, etc. to get to Cinci! God is faithful! Every prayer you have prayed has been HEARD AND ANSWERED!!!! We love every one of you! -Mindy

7 comments:

~Bren~ said...

It is late here...everyone is in bed, and I am giggling and clapping and stomping my feet all at the same time. I am OVERJOYED at your news. Praise God!! ALL the Glory goes to HIM!!!! You have to feel like a huge weight has been lifted. I wonder if many symptoms have not been unnecessary medications??? God will restore all that has been stolen from you...even financially.

~Bren~ said...

Hey, you need to change your side bar stuff and profile...Your kids do not have mito!

Keym said...

CONGRATULATIONS ABBY, JOEY, MINDY AND JEFF!
We are so very happy for you and will continue to pray.
PRAISE GOD.

Shan said...

PRAISE GOD!!! Are you f'ing kidding me! Oh Mindy, I'm in tears for you guys. A MIRACLE! I'm so grateful that this is the news you got, blessings, blessings, blessings. What beautiful news! Live it up Mama!

Hooray:) We'll continue to pray for you, and I hope that answers are found!

I'm so happy!

Unknown said...

God is Worthy of our Praise!

We are rejoicing with your family.
Praise God!

Sue said...

Mindy and Jeff,

I would say we are looking at a bona fide MIRACLE here!

That is FANTASTIC news!
PRAISE our awesome God!!! He IS worthy...

Michaelene said...

Mindy, I've been following your babies stories for a while and haven't commented yet. I found your site through Shan's site and as I pray for her Marie, I've been praying for Abby & Joey also.
Today, I checked in on you guys and today's the day I leave a comment! Praise God!! I am so unbelievably happy that your little ones aren't facing "m" ...Praising God over and over and over...:) I am so, so happy for all of you!
My prayers will continue as you face the road ahead, but suddenly it seems the road has become less bumpy and windy.
God Bless all of you with continued health!