Friday, August 1, 2008

Shelter in the storm...


Some times, we find ourselves traveling down the roads of life... you feel the wind pick up, you see the clouds begin to stir and you hit this huge storm. I hit my storm last night. I have wavered in the winds of the storm today. Life has thrown some interesting curves at us right now with new medical decisions, AGAIN, we'll soon to be waiting on answers to tests, trying new treatments, and much like Peter did when he stepped out on the water on that stormy see the night Jesus walked on the water, I'm looking at the waves around my feet and the clouds spinning above. It is so easy to get distracted. Too easy to get distracted. It is amazing how big life is and how small we are... yet God is there in the midst of us... I took the kids for a walk in the strollers tonight and then sat on the back patio while they played in the sand and I just tried to focus on God's face. I remembered the Scripture in Isaiah that said He is our shelter in the midst of the storm... I take great comfort in knowing even when I let the hurts of life and the frustrations get the best of me... He still remains there! He doesn't let the waves crash over us, or the wind to knock us down... Thank God for peace in the storms! This too shall pass and we will see exactly what God did when we get to the other side!

2 comments:

~Bren~ said...

Mindy,
Just remember the promise around that storm...you will not be destroyed!! There will be a wonderful rainbow painted in your life after the storm has past. In this world we will have tribulation, be HE has overcome it all for us!!!

Sue said...

Mindy,
What you said here is so true:

"I'm looking at the waves around my feet and the clouds spinning above. It is so easy to get distracted. Too easy to get distracted."

It scared me HOW EASILY I was distracted this past week at the first sign of trouble..

Thanks for posting this...and Brenda, really loved your insight as well! It is so good to be able to share spiritual thoughts/questions/feelings with friends...