Wednesday, August 13, 2008

proud moments, viruses, bee stings, plane jane!

Too start...

Proud moments...
Today, miss Abby brought me her little magnetic writing board thingy... (I know... so descriptive!) and says "I can do it mommy" I look at it and was so proud I gasped! She had written the capital and lower case Ii and told me what it was! YEAH!!!! She's getting it!

Viruses...
We spent the after noon at the doctors office from 2:30 on. Joey was tested for strep because his little throat was red... negative! Yeah! Did a chest X-ray to check for any aspirations or pneumonia's... all clear! Checked urine... found slight abnormalities. Dr. Shoemaker said in normal cases, he wouldn't worry, but Joey being Joey, he sent it for some cultures to ensure there is not more bacteria than what showed initially. He doubts it will show any thing... so we have a grand ol' viral infection. Tylenol and fluids! Yep... oh and plenty of rest! :)

Bee stings...
It officially happened! Abby got her first bee sting tonight! Mommy comforted her and daddy made a baking soda paste. Let it dry... stinger came RIGHT OUT! Yeah!!! She had no reaction. We were nervous. My sister swells, itchy and gets a headache and daddy is allergic completely... she was good to go! Whew! She tells us though, she'll never play in the back yard again! That's just it!

Plane Jane...
I changed my blog... true and simple. Nothing to overly exciting to grab any one! Sorry. I don't know why... but I just want every thing simple right now. one of those moods I suppose!

There is life in a nut shell today! Night all!

-Mindy

3 comments:

Derek Chalfant said...

I dislike bee stings with a passion. I often wonder why God created bees, wasps, mosquitos....

Glad she's ok and I bet she'll be back in the back yard today. Hope Joey gets to feeling better.

~Bren~ said...

My Zach's first sting was a wasp...it got caught under his shirt and stung him 4 times!! He said he would never go back outside too. Poor kid!
So happy to hear Joey is just experiencing a normal ol virus!

Unknown said...

I like the new look. Poor Abby, I know the feeling. Hope Joey's feeling better today.